Saturday, August 10, 2013

We're BACK!

It's been a busy month or so in the Littlefield household. Our shipment arrived early in July, and we spent the next few weeks putting the house together. I'd say we are about 90% there. We still have pictures to hang, but drilling into the walls here is hell (I'll put it plainly); they are made of concrete, and plaster, and I can't think of a worse way to spend my Saturdays. So we have four of ten art pieces hung.

No problem; the paintings of Crescent Beach and Banff are up, so I feel at home.

Paul and I both got settled into our jobs, and we started to enjoy our weekends hosting small dinners. Over the summer, many of the working spouses become bachelors and bachelorettes. So we ended up having folks over to play foosball, munch on pork butt, which was cooked for 16 hourse on the big green egg and pizza (bbq chicken pizza on the egg has become a bit of a specialty of mine - topped with cilantro out of the garden!).

The spouses are now returning, and we can hear a lot more action on the playground just over the fence from our house in the rec area.

I have a few stories to tell, so I'll be spending some time on the computer getting everyone caught up.

In the mean time here are a few pictures of some evenings of fun.















No comments:

Post a Comment