Thursday, June 13, 2013

Mystery of the Evaporating Chanel...



Since before I arrived in Angola, I've been dealing with a little bit of excema on my neck. So I've been really careful about the products I've been using.... no funny cremes, light on soaps, etc. Well, that means no perfume either. And yet every once in a while, the bathroom has a whiff of perfume in it.

I'm pretty sure it's not Paul getting in touch with his feminine side, so I started to get a little curious, and I started to pay attention.... more out of entertainment than anything else.

Sure enough over the course of the last month, the meniscus on the CoCo Perfume has gone from the above the CHANEL part of the label to under the PARIS, to almost under the label entirely. And all I've done is watch, never using the perfume myself. The other perfumes haven't move, which at first was a mystery, but we think we now have it figured out.

Our conclusion is that while Veronica cleans the bathroom, she also dolls up a bit. Chanel is a global brand that is very "shi-shi" and so she chose this as her "signature scent." Well played Veronica. Well played.

So I thought of the different ways to deal with this, all the while spending more time than I should watching the volume of perfume dissipate. And finally, I knew what to do...

What's left in the bottle is now in Veronica's bathroom with a little note: "Penso que voce gosta a Chanel... para Veronica :-)" Translated: I think you like Chanel :-) for Veronica. Why bother fixating on a simple bottle of perfume that I know is disappearing,  when I can just help her enjoy it instead. No harm; I'm not using it, and it sends a bit of a message - both that I'm watching, and that I'm not afraid to share.

I decided to sport the perfume tonight one last time to see if Emiquilson, our driver notices the smell as Veronica's, which would be all too funny. We're taking him and his wife to a fancy restaurant for dinner to celebrate his birthday that was on June 10th.

XO All....

K.C.



No comments:

Post a Comment